Dmseg had errors for the nics which indicated setting pci permissive mode might
help.

pciback 0000:0x:00.0: Driver tried to write to a read-only configuration...

Setting permissive mode got rid of the errors but did not actually fix the main
issue.

Whenever I attach a computer to these nics they are not getting an ip address
from dhcp and cannot communicate upstream. Despite this working fine with one
network card, and the motherboard ethernet port.

Is it possible for the one functioning card to block the pci bus for any other
devices? I will try replacing that card too, but its a POE network card and id
rather not have to lose it.