Patrick Schleizer:
> qubes-...@tutanota.com:
>> Hi, I learned that in Whonix-14 in Qubes 4.0 there is no default support for
>> pEp in Enigmail-Thunderbird. Is it Qubes specific or Whonix specific? Is
>> there any reason for not supporting pEp in Whonix?
>>
>> In other templates after installing the Enigmail addon the support for pEp
>> jumps up automatically like Enigmail/pEp.
>>
>> Thank you!
>>

> Whonix uses the same package as Debian. So Debian specific and Whonix
> inherits this.
>
> This sort of question has a much higher chance of getting answered
> timely in Whonix forums.
>
> Check this out:
>
> https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Encrypted_Email_with_Thunderbird_and_Enigmail
>
> This may be useful later:
>
> https://www.whonix.org/wiki/E-Mail#Pretty_Easy_Privacy

Thanks, Patrick for all your excellent work -- I wonder if you have many
users using qubes-split-gpg.  it used to work on my whonix-ws-14
(in-place upgrade path from whonix 13 workstation) but since starting
fresh with qubes 4.0.1_rc1 thunderbird in whonix seems to no longer
recognize /usr/bin/qubes-gpg-client-wrapper as a valid GnuPG install
(states "Could not find GnuPG" under enigmail preferences.

I believe the fresh qubes template whonix-ws-14 is the cause.  Two reasons:

1-`qubes-gpg-client-wrapper -K` or `qubes-gpg-client -K` both
successfully list the gpg private key stored in the offline vault appVM.

2-qubes-split-gpg works normally in thunderbird running in a non-whonix
(debian-9), with identical thunderbird versions 60.3.0 64-bit)

I'll cross post in Whonix forums as well, putting in here in case other
qubes-split-gpg users have had similar experiences or ideas.

-m0ssy