On 12/14/18 9:30 AM, TitanoBOT wrote:
четверг, 13 декабря 2018 г., 21:15:55 UTC+3 пользователь Ivan Mitev написал:
On 12/13/18 7:07 PM, TITANBOT wrote:
Hello. Forgive me for my bad english. I hope you can understand me. I installed
Kali linux in my Qubes OS, but the internet is not working. When I made the
kali installation, I needed to enter ip, netmask, gateway and DNS. VM in the
settings shows
10.137.0.15 255.255.255.255 10.137.0.6. But when installing, I can not specify
the same parameters of the mask under the network. I can specify 255.255.255.0
but this is not true. How to configure the Internet in Qubes OS for Kali linux?
I want to note that windows successfully works without any settings.

Assuming 10.137.0.15 is your VM's IP, try the following network settings:

ip: 10.137.0.15
mask: 255.255.255.0 (/24)
gateway: 10.137.0.6
dns1: 10.139.1.1
dns2: 10.139.1.2

But I have the address of the subnet mask 255.255.255.255
Would it be correct to write 255.255.255.0? This is the address I indicated
when installing KALI VM, because 255.255.255.255 showed an error.
Can you write in more detail? I am a novice Linux user. You can write commands
that I have to enter in order for the Internet to start working on Kali VM.

Sorry, I'm not familiar with Kali Linux. The following doc might help:

https://kali.training/topic/configuring-the-network/

Create a wired connection in NetworkManager and try to use default network settings first (eg. dhcp) ; this should work if network PV drivers aren't installed by default in Kali. Otherwise configure a wired connection with manual settings with the ip/... I gave you earlier.

Re- netmask: not sure why qubes advertises 255.255.255.255 - it's probably related to PV drivers. Don't worry about it, simply use 255.255.255.0

Hope this helps,
Ivan