OGBaby:
> Great info!
>
> I wasn't able to get 'torsocks ./monerod' running but found these options
> browsing:

Why or where would you intend to run these? The monerod daemon should be
running in the background as soon as the vm is started.

You should never interact with the daemon like this. You should use
`systemctl` to start/stop the daemon. You can check if the daemon is
running by running `sudo systemctl status monerod` or using `tail` on
the debug.log (I gave you instructions in a previous mail on that).

> 1. 'DNS_PUBLIC=tcp torsocks monerod --p2p-bind-ip 127.0.0.1 --no-igd'
>
> 2. 'DNS_PUBLIC=tcp TORSOCKS_ALLOW_INBOUND=1 torsocks monerod --p2p-bind-ip
> 127.0.0.1 --no-igd'

You don't need these. They're for setups not as well designed as Whonix,
or if you're offering a remote node onion service.

> I just wanted to run these by you or the qubes community to make sure I don't
> accidently mess with any default settings. (specifically the p2p option which
> we've removed from the systemd file).>
> 'torsocks monerod' or 'torsocks ./monerod' and the ones I found above all
> attempt to resync the blockchain. Is this normal behavior?

As I said, don't run the daemon from the command line. `systemd` is
handling it already.

--
qubenix

CODE PGP: FE7454228594B4DDD034CE73A95D4D197E922B20
EMAIL PGP: 96096E4CA0870F1C5BAF7DD909D159E1241F9C54
IRC OTR: DFD1DA35 D74E775B 3E3DADB1 226282EE FB711765