On Sun, Dec 16, 2018 at 5:43 PM awokd <aw...@danwin1210.me> wrote:

> Franz wrote on 12/2/18 8:54 PM:
> >   Suddenly  win7 VM stopped starting on Qubes 3.2.  Nothing changed
> except
> > perhaps the last couple of dom0 updates.
> >
> > The error message is:
> > cannot connect to 'win7' qrexec agent for 300 seconds, giving up
> >
> > I tried debug mode, but it is just the same.
> >
> I had this but it was because Win7 was trying to boot in recovery mode.
> When you enable debug mode, watch the Win7 boot process in the console
> to make sure it's not doing the same. If it is, tell it to start normally.

thanks awokd, doing what you suggest, it hungs forever on the "Starting
Windows" screen. also the dot on Qubes Manager remains yellow. But trying
again it started showing the following:
"Xen pv network class needs to restart the system to complete installation.
Press yes to restart now..."

So the issue seems to be that dom0 update installed some Xen change that
interrupted normal Windows start.

Many thanks awokd