On 12/17/2018 03:09 PM, stefanneuhaus2...@gmail.com wrote:
With Qubes 4.0 i got stuck with VPN (NordVPN)  installation because i have only
basic knowledge of linux.

I found a lot of info, but most relevant are these from the Qubes Github:

https://github.com/tasket/Qubes-vpn-support
https://github.com/tasket/qubes-tunnel
https://github.com/tasket/qubes-doc/blob/tunnel/configuration/vpn.md#set-up-a-proxyvm-as-a-vpn-gateway-using-the-qubes-tunnel-service

I was successful in setting up an appvm with vpn-handler-openvpn
I installed qubes-tunnel.git in fedora template
I copied the region relevant but general nordvpn config files from
https://nordvpn.com/de/ovpn/ to /rw/config/vpn ...

But i got stuck, with a lot of questions on these different instructions. What
is the qubes-vpn-support folder? How to enter the login and passwort for
testing the connection to nordvpn? Is the vpn tunnel necessary?

Do you have some hints? (I can`t answer tomorrow, but on wednesday.)

Thx. Stefan

Just want to state for list readers that Qubes-vpn-support and qubes-tunnel do the same thing; they're not intended to be combined.

I think the alternative you're looking for is the first part of the Qubes VPN doc:

https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/vpn/#set-up-a-proxyvm-as-a-vpn-gateway-using-networkmanager

This way you can use Network Manager documentation for additional guidance in the GUI, or use any specific steps NordVPN has created for Network Manager.

--

Chris Laprise, tas...@posteo.net
https://github.com/tasket