On 20181218 at 23:53 +0000 unman wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 18, 2018 at 09:18:06PM +0100, Achim Patzner wrote:
> > [ap@dom0 bin]$ qvm-ls --disk BuilderNAME     STATE   DISK    PRIV-
> > CURR  PRIV-MAX  PRIV-USED  ROOT-CURR  ROOT-MAX  ROOT-
> > USEDBuilder  Halted  124948  124948     2048      6100%      0
> >  10240     0%[ap@dom0 bin]$
> >
> > Before I start doing something stupid (like reporting a non-issue or
> > shooting my own foot): Where is that 2GB PRIV-USED coming from and how
> > do I correct it? The image file itself has a size of 128GB right now...

> 6100% used. Impressive.

I really like efficient data compression...

> I'm not clear if you tried to extend first or checked the sizes first.

I have to admit that I wanted to use the Qubes-Manager (GUI tools make
people lazy...) and started scratching my head first (getting me to
realize that just increasing the size might not be the wisest
decision).

> You can see the code in
> /usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/qubesadmin/tools
>
> PRIV-MAX comes from vm.volumes[private].size - it's strange that that
> should be showing the default 2G size.

It's really there. But I used qubes tools to grow the image and they
usually register correctly what they did in the relevant databases.

> Just to be safe I would backup anything you have on the BuilderVM.
> What does qvm-volume info Builder:private show?

size 2G (in bytes)
usage 128GB (in bytes)

> You could try then resizing with extend.

... without changing any stored data...

Ok, now the information is matching reality.

If this is happening again I'll open an issue. Or get a patent for my
compression algorithm.

Achim