On 1/2/19 9:12 AM, LefC wrote:
Hi, i'm trying to install Qubes for the first time, i am a total newb but eager
to learn more about this interesting OS.
So i attempted an installation to my old wiped laptop and got this message

Missing features: IOMMU/VT-d/AMD-Vi, Interrupt Remapping

And the warning that Qubes might not work properly. Does that mean that my
machine is not able to run Qubes at all?? Is there anything that i may can do
to make it work somehow?
To be honest, i did proceed with the installation, which completed normally
without any issue but then the system was and is not able to boot Qubes. It
leads to some Fail/error messages while booting. Is it because of the lacking
hardware?
Is there any hope for my laptop and Qubes?

Before giving up, go check your BIOS settings for the required features listed above. In all likelihood you may actually have the necessary hardware but have them disabled in BIOS by default.

Without knowing *exactly* what system processor and chipset you have we can not give you any better advice than to check these settings.

Try enabling those settings in BIOS, and then try to install again. Failing that, you might check to see if you have the latest vendor BIOS update. Take notes on what it says about your specific hardware, and let us know what happens.