On 01/03/2019 02:00 PM, Achim Patzner wrote:
Am Mittwoch, den 02.01.2019, 20:42 -0800 schrieb pixel fairy:
xscreensaver complains about being an old version. doubt this matters, but
might scare some users.

There are worse problems with it (and some of them depend on X and the
hardware you're running on) which might also warrant finding something
different. I just have to find some time for constant rebooting of my
system to create a meaningful bug report.

(To give you an idea: Imagine a machine (let's call it Lenovo P52) with
multiple GPUs where certain output channels are connected to one of the
GPUs only starting a screen server. If you connect your second monitor
to the right port the screen saver will not blank one of them if you
start X without an appropriately xorg.conf... And to make things worse
it also depends on the GPU you are using and the phase of the moon.)

The bad screensaver is one of the reasons I switched back to KDE, and why I recommend it to other Qubes users. The default environment doesn't rise to the level of an every day functional desktop.

--

Chris Laprise, tas...@posteo.net
https://github.com/tasket