On Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 02:19:24AM -0800, pixel fairy wrote:
> playing with kde. the one feature i miss from xfce is making stacks of icon.
> by that i mean a separate panel on the bottom, kinda like os x, where you put
> a launcher and add multiple apps to it so you get a little arrow menu for all
> the extras.
>
> with kde, the closest thing i can find is pinning an app to the panel, but
> you cant group them arbitrarily like that. is there a way to get the same
> effect in kde?
>
> funny thing about qubes is you end up with far more "favorites" than i think
> the kde devs anticipated.

Try using the application launcher, and setting favourites. This gives
something like the effect you're looking for.
You can either add the launcher(Add widgets - Application launcher), or
use it instead of the application menu - Right click on Menu icon,
select alternatives, application launcher.
I'd recommend adding the launcher as separate item and pinning
favourites there.