Hi Rumsey,

On 1/12/19 7:59 AM, rumsey.anth...@gmail.com wrote:
> Thanks to Ivan, I figured it out (with a bit of luck).
>
> After comparing packages in his working template to my own, I first tried to
> install:
>
> dbus-glib
> ipcalc
> iproute
> iproute-tc
> iputils
>
> That fixed it as far as I can tell. I now have a working sys-net and
> sys-firewall with the fedora-29-minimal template. I'm assuming the ip*
> packages were the key, but I don't really have any idea.

Happy you figured it out. I'd bet that the missing package was iproute,
but it could also be dbus-glib (if I'm not mistaken NetworkManager uses
dbus, that could be the issue); If I have some time later today I'll try
to remove those packages from my working template and see what happens.

By the way, you can find info about packages with eg. `dnf info
iproute`. If the package is installed, `rpm -qi iproute` will be much
faster than dnf. You can also get a list of installed file with `rpm -ql
iproute` (I usually do `rpm -ql package | grep bin`)

Re- your previous email, I wouldn't have expected that there would be so
many packages added in my template. I used a fedora-26-minimal and added
only a few packages [1]. But maybe I didn't pay attention to all the
dependencies that were pulled.

[1]
https://github.com/Qubes-Community/Contents/tree/master/docs/user-setups/taradiddles#fedora-minimal