On Tuesday, January 22, 2019 at 2:26:16 PM UTC-5, Eric wrote:
> qvm-block does not accept a UUID (not documented
> and gives an error: not exposed) I suspect that
> should be added as an issue.

[Out of curiosity, I ask, since I am away from the Qubes systems at the moment:]

By "qvm-block does not accept a UUID", may I interpret that to mean "cannot
utilize a source device using the link in the sub-tree: /dev/disk/by-id "?

If so, that would be worth opening an issue for in qubes-issues, I think. From
what I can glean from docs, xl block-attach and virsh attach-disk both support
the source being a symbolic link to the real device at the /dev level (and I
believe qvm-block is based on virsh and/or libvirt, which utilizes xl block-*
in the back-end).

Brendan