On 1/20/19 1:57 AM, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> There is updated "kernel" package available in current-testing
> repository - it's a Linux long term support 4.19.x series, as an update
> over 4.14.x before. Since the upgrade switches to the next major LTS
> branch, I'll keep it in current-testing repository longer than usual 1-2
> weeks. This also applies to kernel package for VMs: kernel-qubes-vm.
> Please report new issues the usual way, at qubes-issues[1], or
> simply by replying here. In either case, please mark it clearly it
> happens after updating to 4.19, preferably including a link to the
> update:
> https://github.com/QubesOS/updates-status/issues/850
>
> 4.19.x kernel was already available as kernel-latest package for some
> time. Users of kernel-latest will see the update to 4.19.15 too, but
> kernel-latest soon will carry 4.20.x kernel version.
>
> [1] https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues

I get weird graphical artifacts with the new kernel after ~an hour of
usage. Windows from AppVMs turn all white sometimes when switching
workspaces in i3wm. Events like mousing over an interactive table rows
in a browser (when the current row gets highlighted) return that
particular section of the window back to normal (but not the whole
window, for that I need to trigger a repaint of the whole window by eg.
making it full-screen and immediately switching back to non-full-screen).

Haven't had to time to debug this issue yet, will look closer over the
next weekend or two. For now I've reverted to using the old kernel from
stable repo and the issue went away.

Cheers,
Patrik