On Thu, Jan 24, 2019 at 08:57:16PM -0600, Andrew David Wong wrote:
> On 23/01/2019 11.54 PM, Chris Laprise wrote:

> >> That's strange. I was just able to install them with the same command.
> >> Maybe try it again with --clean?
> >
> > That's why I found its better to just specify qubes*testing for the
> > templates:
> >
> > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/f4d997d5-7191-06d0-e7bb-ef42745a7db5%40posteo.net
> >

> I don't understand. How would that help here? To recap, this command
> worked for me:
>
> $ sudo qubes-dom0-update --enablerepo=qubes-templates-community-testing
> qubes-template-whonix-gw-14
>
> The very same command failed for pixel fairy.

I think the issue is about the previous point in the patching
instruction: remove buggy template version. Otherwise it will fail
exactly like this (indeed the message is confusing...). Feature request
about simplifying this process is tracked here:

> Why would using
> qubes*testing instead fix whatever is causing that command to fail?
> Would that somehow force cache busting for some reason?

No. But it would be easier - no need to think in which repository given
template is. In this particular case, it should be fine as given
template is only in one of those repositories.

> > Also, using the 'upgrade' action is a lot less confusing. The official
> > steps are needlessly painful.
>
> Would it be worth updating the QSB? (CC: Marek)

- --
Best Regards,
Marek Marczykowski-Górecki
Invisible Things Lab