On 1/24/19 7:42 AM, haaber wrote:
I forgot to specify that I use fedora-28-minimal as net-vm (and
clock-vm). Is the problem in the "minimal" ?

The minimal teplates are not suitable for any service without
installing additional packages. That template is just a base for
advanced users to create their own special purpose templates.

If you are just starting to learn Qubes, I would suggest to keep using
the default normal template, till you feel confortable using Qubes.

I use Qubes since 3.2 and feel quite comfortable :) Your message is just
discouraging though. According to Std-Qubes-DOC, the minimal template
CAN be used for sys-net. The question is just about which packages to
add, right? If in the list of extra-packages mentioned in the DOC the
package that handels the clock/ntp should miss, this would be of
interest for the qubes community (and the DOC would have to be changed).

--

Tracking the python script qvm-sync-clock I need to follow the

   clockvm.run_service('qubes.GetDate')

which I read that I have to check that  the right service installed in
sys-net. Now here are the services in sys-net's /var/run/qubes-service

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 Jan 24 17:54 network-manager
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 Jan 24 17:54 qubes-firewall
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 Jan 24 17:54 qubes-network
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 Jan 24 17:54 qubes-update-check
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 Jan 24 17:54 qubes-updates-proxy

simple question: which one is missing to get "GetDate" work (someone
compare with HIS folder in sys-net, please?)
Strangely, there is no ntp installed in sys-net :)) OK I changed that
(on a test basis in the VM not the template): Fedora offers
ntpdate-4.2.8p12-1.fc28.x86_64.rpm is that right?

ntpdate -s SOMESERVER

followed by qvm-sync-clock DOES the job. Do I have to run that by a
startup script inside sys-net ???

Bernhard