On 1/24/19 5:18 PM, Patrik Hagara wrote:
> On 1/20/19 1:57 AM, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> There is updated "kernel" package available in current-testing
>> repository - it's a Linux long term support 4.19.x series, as an update
>> over 4.14.x before. Since the upgrade switches to the next major LTS
>> branch, I'll keep it in current-testing repository longer than usual 1-2
>> weeks. This also applies to kernel package for VMs: kernel-qubes-vm.
>> Please report new issues the usual way, at qubes-issues[1], or
>> simply by replying here. In either case, please mark it clearly it
>> happens after updating to 4.19, preferably including a link to the
>> update:
>> https://github.com/QubesOS/updates-status/issues/850
>>
>> 4.19.x kernel was already available as kernel-latest package for some
>> time. Users of kernel-latest will see the update to 4.19.15 too, but
>> kernel-latest soon will carry 4.20.x kernel version.
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues
>>

> I get weird graphical artifacts with the new kernel after ~an hour of
> usage. Windows from AppVMs turn all white sometimes when switching
> workspaces in i3wm. Events like mousing over an interactive table rows
> in a browser (when the current row gets highlighted) return that
> particular section of the window back to normal (but not the whole
> window, for that I need to trigger a repaint of the whole window by eg.
> making it full-screen and immediately switching back to non-full-screen).

The only error message I've been able to find so far is in dom0 Xorg log:

> (EE) intel(0): Failed to submit rendering commands (Bad address),
disabling acceleration.

Duckduckgo-ing the error message yielded a few [1][2] Arch Linux bug
reports describing the same symptoms. The first bug report also has a
kernel patch [3] linked, which supposedly fixes the issue (haven't tried
it).

[1] https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/43143
[2] https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/55732
[3]