On Saturday, January 26, 2019 at 9:49:54 PM UTC+8, Aly Abdellatif wrote:
> When I rebooted Qubes OS after installing i3. All VMs are not working(xfce or
> i3) with the error
>

>  :Domain <VM>t has failed to start :Failed to connect to qmemman:[Errno 2] No
> such file or directory
>

> with journalctl -xe ; I have this error : Failed to start Qubes memory
> management daemon
>

> systemctl start qubes-qmemman.service is not working with the error :
>
> Job for qubes-qmemman.service failed because the control process exited with
> error code
>
> Same with systemctl restart qubes-qmemman.service
>
> And with ystemctl status qubes-qmemman.service : I have the same error with
> the on in journalctl -xe
>

>  Failed to start Qubes memory management daemon
>

> PS: I only edited the conf file in i3(everything was working) and I added in
> /etc/systemd/system/ a file that call i3lock when suspending(this is when I
> rebooted). I also deleted this file after having the error above but without
> success.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Aly Abdellatif

I have the same exact problems after booting qubes.

Before that I was upgrading these packages on dom0 before qubes-qmemman.service
issue failed to start:

qubes-mgmt-salt-dom0-update-4.0.5-1.fc25.noarch
qubes-desktop-linux-manager-4.0.14-1.fc25.noarch
qubes-manager-4.0.26-1.fc25.noarch

@marek do you have any idea on this?