On Mon, Jan 28, 2019 at 01:44:37PM +0000, 'awokd' via qubes-users wrote:
> unman wrote on 1/27/19 5:21 PM:
> > (As an aside I'm always baffled by people querying
> > how they can use Facebook under Tor or Whonix. What are they thinking?)
>
> There are good reasons for it. See
> https://www.wired.com/2014/10/facebook-tor-dark-site/ for example. To the
> thread's topic, using Debian's onion repositories helps avoid MITM attacks.
> Of course, can't protect against compromise of the repositories themselves,
> but that's not a problem that can be solved at the communications layer.

You missed my point because I wasn't clear enough.
I know that Facebook is accessible over Tor.
But why would anyone concerned with privacy ,(presumably why they are
using Tor or Whonix), want to sup with the devil of Facebook? I don't
think any spoon is long enough, not even one passing through 3 hops.