I don't think so in my case.

regarding google chrome repo it was because I was forcing https over tor at the
time.  and when it got updated it would keep reverting it back to http and then
failing.   I would have to keep changing it back to https for it to update and
get rid of arrow.

In case of the metadata error.  It was cause I had upgraded the template
manually to new version and it must of cause some problems.

For default repos this shouldn't happen anymore like in old Qubes versions.