I use to log everything in linux with iptables. outoing and incoming.  Alot of
linux users to say that practice uses too much hdd or space, which was simply
not true when limiting rates.   Then I would use programs to parse it and
eyeball it myself.

But in Qubes its just not possible.  Those scripts will only log some things
not everything,  and even then its too complicated.  Was one of the biggest
gripes I had when first using Qubes.  I want to know what every connection is
doing at all times.

ITL believes that you would never really find an attacker by doing these
things,  but I've begged to differ.     But I do agree you definitely won't be
stopping one.