Thanks for the idea awokd, unfortunately it was to no avail as PV nor HVM seem
to work with bridge mode either.

I found this post of an older Qubes (I'm running updated 4.0) where they have
Docker running in bridge mode (it's the default):
https://jrruethe.github.io/blog/2016/04/15/running-docker-in-qubes/

While still in HVM mode, I tried emulating what they did particularly with the
"Make sure that the update proxy is disabled in the firewall settings" step to
my best extent on Qubes 4.0 (In the services tab I unchecked yum-proxy-setup,
qubes-yum-proxy, qubes-update-proxy, qubes-update-check and
updates-proxy-setup). Sadly, this also seemed to have no affect. The host AppVM
could network but the Docker container in bridge mode was unable to.

Note that while doing this I was behind sys-firewall.

Fore the brave in heart you may try such methods as:
https://forums.docker.com/t/how-to-set-up-a-container-just-like-a-virtual-machine-in-bridge-mode-meaning-the-container-gets-its-own-external-ip/41831/47
 which that guy seemed to get working in VMWare and graciously gave the steps
to do it at the end as well. (related Google search
https://www.google.com/search?q=docker+container+bridge+mode+doesn%27t+work+in+vm)

Any more ideas? I must say that it's a bit annoying that this seems to work
seamlessly with an older Qubes but now no longer does. :/

Thank you.