On 3/24/19 4:15 AM, 799 wrote:
Hello Unman,

unman <un...@thirdeyesecurity.org <mailto:un...@thirdeyesecurity.org>> schrieb am So., 24. März 2019, 03:17:

    [...]
    We're all working on the assumption that you  have Qubes 4.0 - can you
    confirm that?

Yes, of course - sorry for not mentioning this, but I don't see why someone would run Q3.2, I have switched to 4.0 shortly after the release and never looked back.

    You can see what size is actually used on disk by using s flag to ls:
    so 'ls -lsS' will show you the apparent size and the actual size.

Thanks, I wasn't aware of this command option and will review the man page for ls, to see it there are more interesting options

    In 3.2, to attach a private.img try:
    qvm-block -A <qube> dom0:/var/.....

That's 3.x specific.

One way to do it in 4.0 (losetup assigns a device to the img file then prints the device name):
$ sudo losetup -f /var/lib/qubes/...img
loop0

$ qvm-block attach newvm dom0:loop0

As for backup and restore, you can do this just fine between non-lvm and lvm systems. If you do create a backup you may want to copy it to a third device so there is an extra copy, then do a verify on the extra copy just in case.

--

Chris Laprise, tas...@posteo.net
https://github.com/tasket