I utilize torsocks dnf to perform updates over tor inside of HVM linux installs
(so not in templates obviously which would use qubes normal update mechanism).

Since upgrading to Fedora 29 torsocks is not working with DNF. It throws an
exception message. This is not directly related to qubes, but I imagine others
have had this issue. Does anyone know how to use torsocks with dnf now. For
example:

sudo torsocks --isolate dnf update

Running the above used to work perfectly. Now, it will work until it reaches a
random error which is unrelated to networking. It is the following:

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'libdnf::File::CloseException'
  what():  Cannot close file: /var/cache/dnf/fedora-modular-[random
letters]/repodata/[random letters]]-modules.yaml.gz
Aborted

So, it seems related to closing a file and for some reason this causes a
termination, but only when using torsocks. When not using torsocks it works
normally. I have run dnf clean all and all of that.