Update:
I'm having some luck now since I randomly decided to change back my SATA
controller to AHCI and use a new hard drive. Qubes started installing. I won't
be able to update my question again for many hours, because I'm transferring
data from my fast hard drive so I can use it for the Qubes install. But I'm
sure I will have plenty more questions!
I expect I will have difficulty with making a Windows 10 HVM and getting GPU
passthrough for it (I have a whole separate GPU and hard drive set aside just
for the Windows 10 HVM).

When I get Qubes installed and updated, I will see if I can update my mobo on
the compatibility list with the steps I used to finally get it working.