Apr 3, 2019, 8:47 PM by qubes-users@googlegroups.com:

> cube...@tutamail.com <mailto:cube...@tutamail.com>>  wrote on 4/3/19 6:26 PM:
>
>> Thank you for your suggestion. I have given it a try but unfortunately the
>> systems hasn't yet been restored. (I'm guessing you referred to the
>> following commands to enter rescue mode: pkill -9 anaconda;  anaconda
>> --rescue; )
>>
>> I also tried mounting my Qubes disk in LinuxMint, using commands:
>> cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/sda2 qubes-disk;
>> then pvscan, pvdisplay, vgscan, vgdisplay, lvscan, lvdisplay.
>>
>> These allowed me to see logical structure of my qubes_dom0 volumes, volumes
>> representing AppVM, but I was unsuccessful mounting these volumes to get
>> access to the data.
>> Comman 'lvscan' shows LV status next to each volumes, and  only 'swap' was
>> marked as active. Everything else was 'NOT active', including 'root',
>> 'pool00', and AppVM volumes.
>>
>> Do you, or anybody else, have any idea how to proceed? I must recover the
>> data. I hope they didn't get corrupted, only the access point has gone
>> missing.
>>
> You're in the right area, but I don't see a "vgchange -ay" in your list of
> commands?

Hi,
Yes, I've tried the command "vgchange -ay" and it gives me error message:
"Check of pool qubes_dom0/pool00 failed (status:1). Manual repair required!
1 logical volume(s) in volume group "qubes_dom0" now active. "

That single active volume is 'swap'.
All other lv'sn (which I have 86) have "LV Status" set to "NOT available", and
I can't turn them back to active. Also vgchange wasn't able to activate them.

Is there any other way to to get to the lv's of the LUKS encrypted qubes disk?

 Are there are any dedicated LUKS / LVM2 recovery tools (somebody mentioned
'scalpel' but I have't tried it yet)?
I would be grateful for any hints into good direction of retrieving data from
my luks encrypted qubes disk.

Thank you.