On 4/5/19 6:21 PM, 'awokd' via qubes-users wrote:
Jon deps wrote on 4/4/19 4:30 PM:

on rebooting my taskbar time is for some reason not persisting Again !
I can try explaining but  there seem to be too many moving parts  to ever get this to stop breaking  on random reboots ?

I know it was supposed to have been fixed at one point and I had been using a different template that wasn't broken,  maybe I need to go find that manual  fix  and try it again  though  my  debian-10 was just an upgrade not a new template ,  but maybe the upgrade broke  ntp or something ,  doesn't explain why fedora-29  would be broken

Yes, going back to fedora-28 or debian-9 should fix it. It's possible the issue re-occurred in fedora-29. Try the same manual fix there.

Think Qubes' policy is only the current version of Debian is supported, so if you choose to upgrade to 10 it's entirely possible you'll break things. If I remember right, there will be an announcement once 10 is supported and available for download as a template.

appreciate the reply.

ya, iirc, the templates being there sometimes precedes the announcements, so I went on ahead.

guess my thinking was that once it was fixed it would stay fixed then afterwards, but guess I can run one template just for sys-net .... if I must

fwiw, setting it manually with timedatectl and not even rebooting, and it ( the taskbar clock and what I think whonix wants ) seems to have reverted to UTC or some random hour actually .......

as long as      I know     I can fix it,  I'll  sort it out I guess  :/