On 4/5/19 7:59 PM, unman wrote:
On Fri, Apr 05, 2019 at 06:38:19PM +0000, 'awokd' via qubes-users wrote:
Cranix wrote on 4/5/19 3:18 PM:
Hello,
I have PC with 8GB RAM, hdd and AMD FX X-6. Qubes Os 3.2 was working
fine. Unfortunately Qubes Os 4.0 is very slow. Booting up takes ~15min,
then spawning VM takes about 5 minutes or more. What is worse appvms
itselfs are slow. I mean they need significant amount of time to respond
to my actions. They are so slow that this system is practicly unusable.

Text mode stuff and web browser are rather torelabre in terms of
performance. Kicad is usuable, especially loading it's libraries takes
ages.

i have laptop with 8GB ram and SSD and both Qubes 3.2 and 4.0 works
fine.

I have no idea how i can fix this problem. I can run benchmarks and/or
paste logs, just please tell me what will be helpfull to troubleshoot
this problem. Should i update my hardware? A have asked a few people on
IRC but we did not managed to find source of this problem.

Check the following for warnings:
/var/log/Xorg.0.log
/var/log/xen/console/hypervisor.log
journalctl -b

I'm trying to analyse diferences between Qubes Os 3.2 and 4.0.
Are new features in CPU used in Qubes 4.0 that are not used in Qubes
3.2? Something related to storage?

Yes, see
https://www.qubes-os.org/faq/#can-i-install-qubes-4x-on-a-system-without-vt-x-or-vt-d.

I see Qubes 4 running fine on x230 with HDD and 8GB RAM.
Boot up time of 15 mins? There's something seriously wrong. VM starting
5 mins? SERIOUSLY wrong.
Certainly check those logs.
Try systemd-analyze blame to see if there are any services need
attention, and systemd-analyze plot for a graphical view.

This sounds like dom0 root filling up with logs:

Chris Laprise, tas...@posteo.net
https://github.com/tasket
https://twitter.com/ttaskett