On 03/01/2019 09:21 PM, unman wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 01, 2019 at 07:27:08PM +0000, Achim Patzner wrote:

>>> I don't think this is helpful
>>
>> I guess I'm of a different opinion in that case. Sometimes someone has to
>> speak up and draw a line in the sand.
>
> All you are doing is perpetuating the problem.
>

>>> Please consider the guidelines and be respectful and polite to others.
>>
>> Unlike others I strongly believe that respect has to be earned and it can be
>> retracted. The user in question spent nearly all his time on this mailing
>> list. And _none_ of his postings ever enriched any discussion.
>
> I don't agree. I have my own problems with that user, but he has in the
> past provided help on the list, and will do in the future.

His "help" is always terrible and potentially dangerous for people who
security is a life and death matter such as journalist in a third world
country and when someone provides constructive criticism he freaks out
and sends them 5 replies.

I hate elitist places that are almost dead because they wish to exclude
people but you gotta have standards.

On 03/03/2019 04:01 AM, cooloutac wrote:
> It's not very different than fascism, in particular the Gestapo,
Yay godwins law.

If it really was like that you'd be on the train to siberia by now.