Hello,

I've created a howto page in the Qubes Community docs to collect all
information which is needed to build/install the mirage firewall for qubes
OS.
https://github.com/Qubes-Community/Contents/blob/master/docs/customization/mirage-firewall.md

I tried to build mirage in a new template VM which is based on
fedora-29-minimal, but run into an error.
Can you take a look and give me a hint what I am missing?

--- --- 8< --- --- --- ---

MirageTemplateVM=t-fedora-29-mirage
# create a new template VM
qvm-clone fedora-29-minimal $MirageTemplateVM

# Resize private disk to 10 GB
qvm-volume extend $MirageTemplateVM:private 10GB

# Create a symbolic link to safe docker into the home directory
qvm-run --auto --user root --pass-io --no-gui $MirageTemplateVM \
  'ln -s /var/lib/docker /home/user/docker'

# Install docker and git
qvm-run --user root --pass-io --no-gui $MirageTemplateVM \
  'dnf -y install docker git'

# To get networking in the template VM
qvm-run --auto --user root --pass-io --no-gui $MirageTemplateVM \
  'dnf install qubes-core-agent-networking'
qvm-shutdown --wait $MirageTemplateVM
qvm-prefs $MirageTemplateVM sys-firewall
qvm-start $MirageTemplateVM

# Launch docker
qvm-run --user root --pass-io --no-gui $MirageTemplateVM \
  'systemctl start docker'

# Download and build mirage for qubes
qvm-run --user root --pass-io --no-gui $MirageTemplateVM \
  'cd /home/user && \
   git clone https://github.com/mirage/qubes-mirage-firewall.git && \'
   cd qubes-mirage-firewall && \
   ./build-with-docker.sh'

--- --- 8< --- --- --- ---

Unfortunately I run into an error during the build process:

[...]
Building Firewall...
error while executing ocamlbuild -use-ocamlfind -classic-display -tags
                        bin_annot -quiet -Xs _build-solo5-hvt,_build-ukvm
                        -pkgs mirage config.cmxs
+ mkdir /home/opam/qubes-mirage-firewall/_build
mkdir: cannot create directory
'/home/opam/qubes-mirage-firewall/_build': Permission denied
Command exited with code 1.
Failure:
  Error during command "mkdir
/home/opam/qubes-mirage-firewall/_build":
Ocamlbuild_pack.My_std.Exit_with_code(10)

Maybe because there is no folder /home/opam/... ??

I have also integrated pull request 52 via:
qvm-run --user root --pass-io --no-gui $MirageTemplateVM \  'git pull
origin pull/52/head && \
   rm -rf _build && \
   sudo ./build-with-docker.sh'

And I have manually created the missing folder above via

qvm-run --user root --pass-io --no-gui $MirageTemplateVM \  'mkdir
/home/opam/qubes-mirage-firewall/'

Even then I still run into the same error.

Any ideas what I am missing?

- O