On 11/04/2019 3:24, unman wrote:
On Wed, Apr 10, 2019 at 09:21:07AM +0300, Claudio Chinicz wrote:
On 09/04/2019 19:27, 'qmirfw' via qubes-users wrote:
On Monday, April 8, 2019 2:44 PM, Claudio Chinicz <cchin...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi All,

My Linux Mint VM works ok when the notebook is connected to wifi only.
When I connect the lan cable I see the icon in the upper right corner
indicating both wifi and wired connections are available and this VM
looses internet connection. In the VM, Linux still sees it is connected
("wired" is the default - eth) but without internet connection.

If I disconnect the lan cable the VM sees internet connection as before.

By the way, my Windows 10 VM sees both but if I'm using wifi and connect
the cable or vice versa, I have to shut it down (and everything else
that uses sys-firewall) and restart sys-net.

I need to connect through lan cable in order to access corporate AD
resources.. otherwise I'd use only wifi and forget about this issue.

Thanks in advance for any insight from the community,

Claudio

My solution: split sys-net to sys-net-wifi and sys-net-eth and assign the
respective controllers to them. Also split sys-firewall.

This way you will have two completely independent networks and firewalls, and
you can switch AppVMs between them as you wish, even while they are running.

When you are not phisically at work, you can shut down sys-net-eth and
sys-fw-eth to save ram.

Hi, Thanks again for your answer.

I've cloned sys-net as sys-net-wifi-only and started it, but when I click on
the icon no networks display. I've restarted Qubes but still this second net
VM does not display any networks.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Claudio

You did allocate your wifi card to sys-net-wifi and ensure that it is
loaded correctly there?

Yes, I've done it. On dom0 I've issued command "qvm-pci attach --persistent disp-sys-net <backend>:<bdf>" and afterwards my new sys-net-wifi did not start because the device is in use (I suppose by sys-net).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Claudio