jrsmi...@gmail.com:
On Wednesday, April 10, 2019 at 1:35:38 PM UTC-7, neovalis wrote:
Low latency game streaming is fantastic and doesn't need a GPU on the
client to work well.  Moonlight Stream https://moonlight-stream.org/ is
a great open source project that allows near zero latency game streaming
over lan and internet (internet streaming requires a vpn and reducing
video quality but is still very functional).

If I would have known this I wouldn't have wasted so much time working
on video pci passthrough setup.  Hopefully this post will help more
people have their cake and eat it too as I have.

Thanks,
-Neovalis

I guess I'm missing a major point.  Why would one want to game on Qubes?

Nice writeup, Neovalis!

Jrsmiley, he's not gaming "on" Qubes exactly. He's using a separate PC running Windows to act as a game server, then remote controlling/streaming it from his Qubes PC. This allows someone to keep only one good set of monitors & peripherals. It's also a good way to separate the PCs for security purposes.

On the other hand, some people like to have the ability to game on a Windows HVM on Qubes so that Windows intentionally does not have direct hardware access except to passed-through devices. This is also for security purposes, and/or can be less expensive than purchasing two separate systems.