Hello Tim,

Tim Wolf <timew...@network-application.de> schrieb am Sa., 20. Apr. 2019,
04:44:

> (...)
> I need to save some space on my harddisk, why I would like to use a
> Fedora-29-minimal template as base for system and security related VMs.

An AppVM will not take much space, even if the template is very back as it
only stores the delta? As such you won't save a single byte if the old
template VM of the sys-VMs, which is likely fedora-28/fedora-29 is still in
use.

Is there a list, what packages have to be added for this task?

See through the links others have provided, this was a good starting point
for me to create my own template.

You can also look into my notes here:
https://github.com/one7two99/my-qubes/blob/master/docs/history.txt

This covers how I have setup my templates, you can just run all commands
from dom0:

Hint: you need to make sure that you have the right wifi drivers in your
sys-net VM.
I am using the iwl6000g2a-firmware package, which is for my Lenovo x230,
you might need another package depending on your wifi card.
If you have trouble finding the right driver, ask here.

# Install Fedora minimal template
sudo qubes-dom0-update qubes-template-fedora-29-minimal

# ================
#  t-fedora29-sys
# ================
template=fedora-29-minimal
systemplate=t-fedora-29-sys

#clone template
qvm-clone $template $systemplate
# update template
qvm-run --auto --user root --pass-io --no-gui $systemplate \
  'dnf update -y'

# install a missing package for fedora-29-minimal
# without it, gui-apps will not start
# not needed in the latest fedora-29-minimal template (april 2019)
qvm-run --auto --user root --pass-io --no-gui $systemplate \
  'dnf install -y e2fsprogs'

# Install required packages for Sys-VMs
qvm-run --auto --user root --pass-io --no-gui $systemplate \
  'dnf -y install qubes-core-agent-qrexec qubes-core-agent-systemd \
  qubes-core-agent-networking polkit qubes-core-agent-network-manager \
  notification-daemon qubes-core-agent-dom0-updates qubes-usb-proxy \
  iwl6000g2a-firmware qubes-input-proxy-sender iproute iputils \
  NetworkManager-openvpn NetworkManager-openvpn-gnome \
  NetworkManager-wwan NetworkManager-wifi network-manager-applet'

# Optional packages you might want to install in the sys-template:
qvm-run --auto --user root --pass-io --no-gui $systemplate \
  'dnf -y install nano less pciutils xclip'

qvm-run --auto --user root --pass-io --no-gui $systemplate \
  'dnf -y install qubes-core-agent-passwordless-root'

# Nice(r) Gnome-Terminal compared to xterm
qvm-run --auto --user root --pass-io --no-gui $systemplate \
  'dnf -y install gnome-terminal terminus-fonts dejavu-sans-fonts \
   dejavu-sans-mono-fonts'

# Set new template as template for sys-vms
qvm-shutdown --all --wait --timeout 120
qvm-prefs --set sys-usb template $systemplate
qvm-prefs --set sys-net template $systemplate
qvm-prefs --set sys-firewall template $systemplate
#qvm-prefs --set sys-vpn template $systemplate

Regards

O/799