On 4/24/19 3:11 PM, Mishima wrote:
Hello,
I'm running qubes 4.0.1
Ok, so I'm doing the guide using the qubes-tunnel service and i am at this step
where I have to copy the opevpn client's config files to ProxyVM's created
folder named qtunnel, which i cant find anywhere.
I did sudo mkdir /rw/config/qtunnel in proxyvm's terminal.
Now i am supposed to get the client's config files from the template and get
them into there. How do i do that??
The guide is saying that i should first install the client's package in the
template before proceeding? How do I install this? I just unzipped them there,
it's a folder with the clien't openvp files. And how do I copy them from the
templateVM to the proxyvm's specified folder? And where this folder is anyway?
Also, should i just copy ALL of them or just the one that i want to use??
I am supposed to do as saying

cd /rw/config/qtunnel
sudo unzip ~/ovpn-configs-example.zip
sudo ln -s US_East.ovpn qtunnel.conf

He is just unzipping them directly into there, but i can't do that either. Was
the proxyvm supposed to be communication with its templatevm? Have i done
something setting this up? Sorry if i'm asking something very basic, I'm not
experienced on this, nor too much with terminals in general, the setup looks
very complicated.
Appreciate any help.

Hi,

You may find the Qubes-vpn-support directions easier to follow; qubes-tunnel was created as a way for Qubes to pull Qubes-vpn-support features into their project but that has been on hold. The directions for qubes-tunnel are a draft aimed at testers.

Qubes-vpn-support also lets you skip installation into a template and install directly into the ProxyVM.

https://github.com/tasket/Qubes-vpn-support/

These instructions show you where to place the config files from your VPN provider (step 2).

Its your decision whether to copy all or just one config. But its easier to copy all because there are usually other non-ovpn files which are non-optional so copying all doesn't run the risk of damaging the configs.

--

Chris Laprise, tas...@posteo.net
https://github.com/tasket