Qubes OS version
R4.0.1

Affected component(s) or functionality
Installation from DVD
Brief summary
I tried to install Qubes R4.0.1 from DVD on two different PCs (ASUS Z170M-E D3
with Intel Core i5-6600 and HP 840 Elitebook with Intel i5-7600, both with VT-x
and VT-d) on to a SAMSUNG T5 USB-SSD with 512 GiB.

In both cases, the installation went through until the reboot, without error
messages. After booting, the normal Qubes login screen appeared, but the post
installation tasks (VM creation etc.) were skipped. So the resulting system
just had dom0 and no VMs and is not usable.

As marmarek pointed out, the post-installation wizard can be started manually
with sudo /usr/libexec/initial-setup/initial-setup-graphical.

In my case, the post-installation wizard terminated with a message "Error in
kickstart file /root/anaconda-ks.cfg at line 30 - invalid parameter value
--size=927.985.583984375".
This line and the following two lines had the size value as floating point
values instead of as integers. In the setup, I had specified manual
partitioning with 3 partitions (/boot as 1GB, / as 250GB, and swap as 20GB).
These values apparently got translated to 927.985.583984375, 238396.3623046875
and 19071.708984375, respectively. Dropping the fraction parts from these
values in the kickstart file, i.e. changing them to 927, 238396 and 19071,
respectively, allowed to execute the post-installation wizard without any error.

I hope this might help if you run into the same or a similar error.