On Sun, 5 May 2019 20:24:07 +0000
"'awokd' via qubes-users" <qubes-users@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Eccentric Butterfly:
> > When I go to backup my Qubes, the backup screen shows a red error
> > at the bottom of the window saying "Warning: unrecognized data
> > found in configuration files".

I ran into this and it was innocuous.  Probably you have deleted a qube
that you backed up the last time you ran backup.  The system remembers
the choices you made in the last backup and sets them up as the
defaults. So it knows it is supposed to backup a qube that isn't there
anymore.  So it says it's confused.  You can follow awokd's advice
(the file will be recreated when you run backup; it is where the
previous-backup settings are stored).  Or you can just ignore the
message and continue with your backup.  I'd delete the file, just in
case something more serious is happening.

Best Wishes,
Daniel