evas...@firemail.cc:
> Hello,
> Oh.... no... :(
> After last update (kernel&xen) system almost dead!
> It can boot and I have access to dom0 console, but mouse not work and
> there is 100% cpu usage by (1.xvdb-1 / 7.xvdc-1) and other processes
> eating to much cpu
> How to remove last update? How to recover now?
> Data is urgent. I have too old backups :( Please, help :(((
>
> I guess now it's not possible to reinstall, because any full update wll
> break the system again. And also my data. How to recover it? It's SSH
> M.2 drive and I don't have other machine with M.2 slot to recover. Or
> how to do this? :( :( :(
> Thanks.
>
> (new email because no access to my password and data :( )

Don't touch your existing M.2 drive.  Get a spare drive (spinning rust
is OK) at least as large as your M.2 drive and that you can attach to
your machine (e.g. with a USB SATA dock).

Download Tails to a USB stick.  Boot your machine into Tails.  Connect
your spare drive.  `fdisk -l` to be sure you have the right device names
for all your disks.  `dd` your M.2 to the spare drive.  Now `sync` the
disk and detach it.  You now have a backup of your current state.

If you _need_ to access some VM data now, you can (with major negative
security implications) decrypt your M.2 disk manually with `cryptsetup`,
navigate to <m.2>/var/lib/qubes/appvms/<yourvm> and use `losetup` to
help mount the VM's data disk in Tails so you can copy off whatever data
you urgently need.