Thanks to everyone who helped troubleshoot the latest dom0 kernel update issue.
 Everything seems to be working just fine.

Fresh install uses kernel 4.14.74-1, and a full update takes it to 4.14.119-2.
Both working fine.

I hope the next kernel update doesn't break systems that have the old ATI
Radeon video cards.  Fingers crossed, we shall see.