'peru75' via qubes-users wrote on 6/5/19 10:00 AM:
Qubes 4.01 - worked with this installation around 2 months without problems.

What changed? Did you update recently?

Now I can`t log in anymore. Boots normaly up - so first have to type LUKS
password, then boot till the end of the progress bar - but then comes not the
expected login window, but about 30 sec blank screen...
then 6 lines of text output:
[OK] Started Light Display Manager.
[OK] Reached Target User and Group Name Lookups.
             Starting Accounts Service ...
             Starting Authorization Manager ...
[OK] Started Authorization Manager.
[OK] Started Accounts Service.

It flashes a few times without something visible happening and then these lines
stop with the curor flashing.
no change and apparently no input possible

Try ctrl-alt-F2 at this point and login and check your logs to see where it's stopping.

I am a bit desperate
Please help, no idea what can I do to solve :(

btw. on another PC tried (m.2) I come to login with significant graphics
errors, come in for a few seconds, in which I see the dom0 terminal shortly.
Afterwards I am immediately thrown back on the login screen and graphics errors
spoiled the picture enormously (except for the login window). This can be
repeated as often as you like

If you updated that PC around a week ago, this is caused by a kernel that was released for a day or less that had problems with AMD video cards. To recover, do ctrl-alt-F2 at the login screen. If using UEFI boot, sudo edit your /boot/efi/EFI/qubes/xen.cfg and change the "default=" line to point to the prior kernel version (4.19.45-1 is the bad version). Then reboot. If using GRUB, you can either edit /boot/grub2/grub.cfg to do the same or hit F2 (I think) on boot and select it from the menu.

Once you get back into Qubes, run "sudo qubes-dom0-update". Kernel versions >= 4.19.46-3 include a patch that fixes their use with AMD video cards.