On 6/13/19 7:14 AM, 'awokd' via qubes-users wrote:
Jon deps:
On 6/12/19 8:14 AM, Jon deps wrote:

Jun 12 07:52:01 dom0 kernel: MDS CPU bug present and SMT on, data leak possible. See https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/admin-guide/hw-vuln/mds.html for more details.

.....any idea on the  "data leak possible"    journal entry?

sounds a bit scary,  maybe I need to  look around in my UEFI  to disable   some cache-ing ?

SMT should be off. Do you see that same message if you do a cold power on? Also, in "sudo cat /boot/efi/EFI/qubes/xen.cfg", do you see "smt=off" in the Xen options lines?

I wonder if there is a Xen bug making SMT re-enable after a resume. Please check the above, then look in your UEFI options to disable Hyperthreading/SMT.

in my case turns out, I have an Intel i5 which apparently doesn't have multithreading,

I did look around the UEFI anyway, and see no references to it

sudo cat /boot/efi/EFI/qubes/xen.cfg
has 4.19.43-1   smt=off

on cold reboot  I don't see  the  kernel vuln  journal entry

so I guess its as I suspected qubes isn't going to suspend well and may break various things ??