On 6/5/19 8:00 PM, Chris Laprise wrote:
On 6/2/19 3:41 AM, Finn wrote:
I've installed Qubes-OS 4.0.1 and it's XFCE desktop environment but I
would rather prefer either KDE or GNOME desktop environment. I found
this document[1] where mentioned that Qubes-OS is migrating towards
GNOME but at the time of installation only XFCE (neither KDE nor GNOME)
is available. I was wondering, is there a way I can use my preferred
desktop environment? Or, I have to wait for GNOME until migration is not
fully completed because it seems currently there is no support for KDE.

[1]: https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/usability-ux/

KDE does have support AFAIK, although its no long the default. If you can get used to the blank-space network icon, then I recommend KDE as there are many pluses.

I don't believe Qubes is actually going to migrate to Gnome. There was an aborted attempt and Gnome 3's paradigm (tablet touch UI, melded WM/app widgets) doesn't seem compatible with Qubes' concept.

seems to want about 4 times the dom0 RAM and still buggy am getting all these flashing windows bar and applications menu hit and miss giving dom0 memory boost 800 MiB and minimal qubes memory 400 MiB or so , so gave up

btw,  is there any documentation on recommended RAM for  dom0  using XFCE

I'd like to put back the Default memory settings but don't know what they are