On 6/14/19 9:55 PM, atrainonline-re5jqeeqqe8avxtiumw...@public.gmane.org wrote:
So I'm trying to update everything I can with Qubes and I keep running into an
issue when I try to run the Package Updater in Qubes.  Originally I was going
to use Tor when I set up Qubes but it never worked so I had to revert back to
using my VPN.  With the help of some people here, I think I got everything
converted over, but this program won't work.

you seem to be doing something fundamentally incorrect, afaik, your Templates netvm (qvm-prefs <name of template> ) should be set to 'none' (dom0 terminal qvm-prefs <nameoftemplate> netvm none ) .... all 'updating' proceeds by the order of the qubes.UpdatesProxy sequence

https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/rpc-policy/   or so

if you change anything in there write down the exact order or the original so you can fall back as needed

anything not correct in there might break your opsec or break your updates ..... but maybe you knew all this ?