About corruption and reliability of data being stored, regardless of whether or
not it is sensitive data or day to day files, is not entirely the
responsibility of the Qubes OS itself. There are many factors to consider, the
software being used, the filesystem being used, the components of the distro
being used, and etc.

This is based on my personal experience on using qubes on a daily basis for
almost over a year already.

So far I've only encountered corruption of data through the use of
qvm-copy/qvm-move commands to move stuff from vm to vm and this is a rare case
too since it probably only happens once or twice over a hundred times. With
this in mind, the LVM thin fs of Qubes I believe, is extremely reliable.

So with that I believe the problem most likely leans more towards the software
that you are using, with respect to the distro that you are using as well.

I haven't had much trouble using any software so far in my experience of using
qubes provided they have the right dependencies installed, with respect to my
usage of fedora minimal template.

Despite that however, I agree with your sentiment about USB devices and the
detaching notification though I am not entirely dependent on it since I can go
ahead and confirm myself whether or not the usb device was detached by running
"sudo lsblk" on the qube where the USB was attached and on the sys-usb qube
itself. Convenience-wise, it is bad yes and there is definitely room for
improvement.

Also mind you that flash is a HUGE BLOB of SECURITY RISK. If you're using qubes
for security reasons then using flash is really counterproductive against it
not unless you really know what you're doing.