On 7/1/19 3:40 PM, 'qubeslover' via qubes-users wrote:
Hello,

I tried but without results.

1. dnf install getdns-stubby in fedora-30-firewall (template).

2. servicectl enable stubby in fedora-30-firewall.

3. Shutdown fedora-30-firewall.

4. Restart sys-firewall

4. Sudo nano /etc/resolv.conf and change nameserver in 127.0.0.1 and ::1

5. Run /usr/lib/qubes/qubes-setup-dnat-to-ns as root.

I can ping the outside world and sys-firewall can resolve hostnames. However,
the qubes behind it can't.

Hmmm. I hate to keep tossing suggestions at you without having tried DoT myself (though I hope to make time for it in the next couple weeks).

But... if 127.0.0.1/localhost is the dnat target, then the INPUT chain comes into the picture. By default, Qubes configures INPUT to reject any new requests (packets that don't satisfy 'related' or 'established' conditions). As a quick workaround, you could try allowing DNS packets in sys-firewall:

iptables -I INPUT -p udp --dport 53 -j ACCEPT
iptables -I INPUT -p tcp --dport 53 -j ACCEPT

For sure, I am messing up somewhere. It is a sin: I would like to have a
sys-dns qube running DoT or DoH.

Thanks a lot for your attention, interest and help. Again, very much
appreciated.

--

Chris Laprise, tas...@posteo.net
https://github.com/tasket