On 7/6/19 1:05 AM, Philip Pians wrote:
Hmm… First install of Qubes had networking error which couldn’t be completely
rectified without fresh install. Second install seemed to have worked
flawlessly, but if the DisposableVM’s networking setting is not what it should
be by default, is it possible my Qubes iso is faulty? The only networking I
recall changing is that of sys-net, and the VPN AppVM at time of creating if
you count that? Perhaps a third install is needed? Changing sys-net networking
back to (none) (current) hasn't helped being able to connect to the net again,
so can't even find out if I finally got the VPN setup correctly.

in a dom0 terminal you can do

$qubes-prefs to see what the default system-wide default_disp_vm is or you the menus -> global settings

I advise if your concerned just do

$qube-prefs default_dispvm none

then later when you've used qubes for a while you can use the Qubes Manager Application and go in there and change some qube to the disposable vm you might want

like for opening pdf files from thunderbird, so you would use your Mail AppVM (TBAVM) "qube" settings to change to 1 AppVM disposable VM setting rather than system-wide, then you won't have to see the yellow triangles :)