On 7/9/19 2:17 AM, drokmed-re5jqeeqqe8avxtiumw...@public.gmane.org wrote:
Giving up trying to run tor on qubes.

whonix-gw-14 no longer updates, and I got the whonix-gw-15 installed, but it
doesn't update either.

Saw something about a jinja file mentioned in a couple comments here, but no
mention of it on the whonix installation instructions.  Don't know where it is,
and wouldn't know what to do with it if I found it.

I'm glad you veterans knee deep in testing here got it working, but for us new
people, not a prayer.

maybe you don't see it because the developer removed it , as it Was there before
https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Qubes/Install

    In dom0.

    Open file whonix.jinja with root rights.

    sudo nano /srv/formulas/base/virtual-machines-formula/qvm/whonix.jinja

    Change 14 to 15 .

    Save.

hence, I can't vouche that this is the official  "way" forward

also note after you do get it installed with the script (waiting up to 30-60 minutes to avoid the dreaded "unstable system" there is a new caveat

you likely/may not be able to do sudo apt-get update in the new -ws -gw templates until you 1st do

sudo apt-get --allow-releaseinfo-change update

https://forums.whonix.org/t/apt-get-error-e-repository-tor-https-cdn-aws-deb-debian-org-debian-security-buster-updates-inrelease-changed-its-suite-value-from-testing-to-stable/7704

sometimes I think there are about 15 people in the world using this OS   :)

yours truly,
jinja