On Fri, Jul 26, 2019 at 11:31 AM unman <unman> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 26, 2019 at 05:57:02AM -0700, brendan wrote:
> > Or, should I just utilize the straightforward approach of adding the
> amount
> > of RAM I wish to use as a RAM disk to the baseline dom0 RAM
> configuration,
> > and then set up the RAM disk in dom0?
>
> Straightforward works fine.
> You can use file driver or create thin pool in /dev/shm and register it
> with Qubes as normal.

Thanks unman. Hmm tmpfs can swap (though unusual). Hmm...thinking LVM on
ramfs if there is plenty of RAM, maybe, as ramfs isn’t supposed to swap.

Of course if a randomly keyed encryption layer is involved, i’d lean
towards LVM on tmpfs.

I’m curious how and when tmpfs knows to release memory. Another rabbit
hole...

For safety I delete qubes, clean up and deregister...

I too cleanup for various reasons, including that the disk usage widget
doesn’t like registered but missing pools (it reports divide by zero error
and exits).

Thanks!
Brendan

<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/20190726153141.xrguhdedjel6win5%40thirdeyesecurity.org>