I didn't see any reports of Qubes on the T490, so I figured I'd start one:
I just got a T490 (i7 model with 32GB of ram), and was able to get Qubes
4.0.2rc1 installed and usable (after excluding the network card from FLR).
For the most part, it appears it will be as usable as Qubes on my T470 with
one problem: power consumption. On a cold boot, everything seems acceptable
and I get a good number of hours of battery life, however after suspending
the laptop and resuming, power consumption spikes from 4W to 15W+, reducing
battery life down to a few hours and keeping the fan pegged.

I've tried upgrading to kernel-latest (e.g. 5.x) and using
tlp/powertop/xenpm to troubleshoot further, but nothing stuck out. I also
downloaded Fedora 30 and was able to suspend and resume without seeing the
additional power increase. My understanding is that power management is
handled by Xen, and not Dom0 so I think I'm pretty much out of options, but
figured I'd drop a note in case anyone else runs into this. I don't plan to
investigate much further since I also have the T470, but look forward to
trying again when Qubes 4.1 is available in some form.

Also - if someone else wants to test/play around - make sure to use the
latest qubes release. I first tried with the version I used to setup my
T470 since I didn't have a lot of time, but there were graphical issues
(*very* slow painting of the installer/desktop UI), and wireless and wired
networking were unavailable.