For the Precision, I fortunately had an Intel NIC (Precision M4700
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/qubes-users/-5Vbi5vhbms) but
experienced the Broadcom pains too. Here's some ideas:

You can get an RTL8187 for about $5 on eBay, works great. I would remove
the Broadcom wifi card and swap in a Realtek wifi card, disable the
integrated NIC ethernet card in Bios, and install Qubes in legacy mode -
not UEFI (in case you need Grub for recovery options later). In Bios, this
should be in System configuration, Integrated NIC and uncheck those boxes
(check the whole menu for other locations too).

If you need ethernet, then after install you can look online on how to
install the specific Broadcom drivers into sys-net VM's template (if you
can find a safe source). Then reboot into bios and re-enable the ethernet
NIC, and after boot in the Qubes sys-net VM settings move the PCI bridge
for the ethernet controller into the "selected" column and try restarting
the VM and using the ethernet card. If it works reboot to see if everything
is still successful. If it won't boot, then just disable ethernet again in
Bios and try maybe switching the sys-net VM template to Debian and
installing the drivers there in case you get the support.