Sorry - I don't use Google Groups enough, so I just hit "Post Reply"
assuming that it would be smart enough to put the reply in the right place.

I looked at the XFCE keyboard shortcuts and window manager keyboard
shortcuts, and Ctrl-Alt-c/v aren't in use. There might be another place to
look, but those are the main ones off the top of my head. However, I'm not
sure if this is a window manager issue since the keyboard shortcut is
controlled by the Qubes Clipboard program (qui-clipboard).

I don't know enough about the Qubes internals to trace how it picks up the
setting from /etc/qubes/guid.conf (and why it isn't accepting my values
after I changed them). I tried doing a recursive grep to find any other
places where the default shortcut may be set, but it got a little
mind-bending.

I'm happy to provide more details from my system, though - my fingers just
really want to use my custom shortcut because they've been confused ever
since I upgraded. ;-)