adiaz1...@gmail.com:
I just bought an Asus Zenbook 3 and was able to successfully install Qubes.
Really enjoying it so far. I'm having trouble getting the keyboard
backlight to work.  I tried xset commands, configurations in xfce, and even
tried to turn it on manually via the asus::kbd_backlight configuration
folder. Unfortunately, that folder does not exist.  Does anyone have any
ideas what else I can try?

I'd like to get the FN+F3 and FN+F4 shortcuts to work, but I"ll settle for
jsut turning the LEDs on. I am often working in dark rooms and if I can't
figure it out I'll probably end up switching distributions, which I really
don't want to do. I really like Qubes so far.

You might try to poke around in /sys/class/ and see if the keyboard backlight control is surfaced somewhere in there, unless that is what you mean by asus::kbd_backlight folder.